Co-Founder of Durham Recruiting, Dustin has the unique benefit of meeting many local businesses big and small throughout the Durham Region and surrounding areas.
Finding and attracting the ‘right’ talent is one of the most important components of any successful business however, it can be the most challenging. Additionally, in today’s marketplace retaining your talent is crucial to your success!
Dustin brings over 20 years’ experience in human behavior working with some of the world’s largest brands. As an entrepreneur, he understands the challenges businesses face and is passionate about helping them succeed.
FACT: The cost to hire a new employee ranges between $5000-9000. The cost to hire a replacement is more than double this! Do NOT underestimate the importance of Talent Acquisition & Retention.
How we can help you:
- How to attract suitable candidates in a powerful job desc.
- How to share your company story
- How to share the benefits of working with you – They exist, and I will help you bring them to life
- How to share a brief over overview of the role
- Which channels to use
- A successful interviewing process and development of well-rounded interview guides
- Networking – How to advertise your business without advertising
- First impressions & onboarding
- Cont. Engagement | Career Planning and Succession Planning
- Performance & Measurement
- Employee Management Systems
- All HR Related Concerns– Policies, procedures, compliance, training, health & safety, coaching
Owner, new initiatives hr consulting inc.
Corette brings over 15 years’ experience as a human resources professional to large and small corporations throughout North America. newINITIATIVES HR clients range from your local pet boutique, hospitality, industrial, technology, computer software, fitness centres, health-care technology to various corporate environments!
NewINITIATIVES HR helps clients learn about and deal with matters within the realm of Human Resources.
Corette’s passion is to educate and partner with employers/business-owners. Client needs range from basic to advanced, from beginner overviews to issue-focused. Clients have valued Corette’s fresh, plain-language presentations and her practical, straight-talking approach to HR.
For the last nine years, Corette is active as the Vice-Chair for Big Brother & Sisters of South West Durham and Northumberland’s Board. As well, Corette is currently the Vice-President for Whitby Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
• Human Resources policies and processes
• Health & Safety Programs
• Compliance Training Sessions
• Hiring/Recruitment and selection strategies (Onboarding)
• Performance management programs
• Compensation and benefits programs
• Selecting and implementing HR technology
• Contract management
• Employee relations
• Disability management
• Leadership coaching
• Compliance with human resources legislation and privacy laws