- This event has passed.
Employment Standards Act Overview
ThursdayMay 161:00PM - 2:30PM Free
Brought to you by the Ministry of Labour to keep you abreast of the changes and to offer an opportunity to ask questions.
Topics that will be covered during the presentation:
- Who is an Employee vs Independent Contractor
- Employment Standards Poster
- Hours of Work
- Overtime Pay & Public Holiday Pay
- Vacation & Vacation Pay
- Leaves of Absence
- Notice of Termination & Severance Pay
- Tips & Other Gratuities
- Temporary Help Agencies
- Role of an Office & Enforcement
Presenter: Paul Cannis, Employment Standards Officer
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the event, to allow time for check-in. You do not need to bring a ticket with you and there is free parking.
For more information, call us at (905) 668-4949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org