Date: August 21, 2020
Digital Main Street Durham Region Service Squad / Small Business Digital Support Specialist
The digital support specialists will support local businesses with their digital footprint through working in conjunction with the Business Advisory Centre Durham (BACD). Our Project Leads will coordinate between the business and the digital support specialists to assist with the digital presence audit and recommendations for improvements.
We are looking for professionals and students who are passionate about supporting small businesses to overcome the challenges of breaking into the digital marketplace and succeed in the “new normal” of retail.
You are hands on with businesses assisting in building out their digital / web presence and digital marketing content. Beyond this, we want to ensure businesses have the skills to continue succeeding in the future. You’ll empower business owners with the skills they need to optimize their efforts going forward by taking advantage of program partnerships, including but not limited to Social Media, Ecommerce, Digital Marketing and overall Web presence.
- Degree in Business or Marketing disciplines
- Business or marketing experience – entrepreneurial experience a strong asset
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to create meaningful relationships through a variety of remote media and nurture those relationships over time
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated success in a client facing digital marketing role, including developing strategy, campaigns, and executing projects
- A good understanding of the digital marketplace (using platforms like Shopify, Squarespace, Wix, etc), including best practices, technical configuration and support
- Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g: web, social media, e-commerce)
- Must have access to your own computer/laptop and cell phone
The below would be considered a strong asset:
- Previous examples of success with the ecommerce platforms and other digital business tools
- Experience with online and offline marketing and social media.
This position will be a subcontractor relationship with the Business Advisory Centre Durham (BACD).
This is a freelance / subcontractor relationship with the Business Advisory Centre Durham (BACD) Inc. This contract is virtual and serving businesses in the Durham Region. The contract value is $24.00 per hour all inclusive and is for approximately 250 hours over the next 7 months.
How to apply
Tell us why you would be good for this contract. Send your letter of interest and portfolio of skills to Teresa Shaver, Executive Director BACD: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18, 2020
Learn more about the Digital Main Street
Funded in partnership with Invest Durham