Want to leapfrog the success of your business? Connect with an experienced Mentor
The BACD Mentor Network offers businesses an opportunity to connect with a mentor for a six month engagement. We have a network for Mentors who have indicated that they would like to offer their expertise, knowledge and time to local businesses. Our Mentors have been in their own businesses for a minimum of 5 years.
Please review the Eligibility Requirements and General Processes below.
- Open to individuals and businesses located in the Durham Region ONLY.
- Mentees must be 18+
- Mentee must have already started their business. If you seek start-up help, you can utilize BACD core offerings prior to seeking a mentor.
STEP 1: Review Eligibility Criteria
STEP 2: Read and Review the Agreement below. In order to proceed, we require you accept the terms of the agreement
STEP 3: By clicking Accept, you will then be directed to the available Mentor Profiles
STEP 4: Read through each profile to see who would be the best fit for you
STEP 5: Complete the application within the Mentor Page and submit to the desired Mentor
STEP 6: The Mentor will be notified and reach out to you within 2 weeks to discuss next steps
WHAT IS A MENTOR?
A knowledgable and experienced professional in a particular field or industry with enough skill an knowledge to provide valuable insight and advice
Benefits of being a Mentor:
- Satisfaction in knowing you can impart your wisdom on someone entering a similar path to yours
- Further develop leadership skills
- Expanding your professional network
- Opportunity to reflect on your own business practices and potential for new and fresh insight
- and more
WHAT IS A MENTEE?
Someone who seeks training, counselling, and/or advice from an expert in the field and who has valuable insights which would help in professional development.
Benefits to Mentees:
- The opportunity to 'pick the brain' of someone who has been there, done that and learned valuable lessons along the way
- Chance to network with business professionals
- Get a fresh new perspective from someone outside of your business (an objective opinion)
- Potential to make strategic business relationships/connections
- Personalized one-on-one development for you and your business
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- and more