Give your business a BOOST and enter
BACD PiTCH2WiN Business Competition!
Prizes will be awarded for the top 3 pitches!
($5,000, $3,500, $1,500 of value)
Limited Space - Apply now to secure your spot!
1st Prize - $5,000
($3,500 cash + $1,500 in-kind professional business services)
2nd Prize - $3,500
($1,000 + $2,500 in-kind professional business services)
3rd Prize - $1,500
($500 cash & $1,000 in-kind professional business services)
Limited space – Apply Now*
*This is a competitive process of elimination and not all applicants will attend each stage of the competition.
- Operate your business in the Regional Municipality of Durham
- Must be Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident living in Ontario
- Over 18 years of age
- Operating as a full-time business (average 35+ hours per week)
- Be a registered business between 1 to 5 years
- Business must have digital presence (website, online store or business social media)
- Main street, product or service based business
Not Eligible: Franchises, non profit organizations, seasonal or part-time businesses, single events, commission sales businesses, technology products or services (i.e. apps, software, SaaS)
Competition Process (mandatory)
- APPLY Complete the online application
- Attend INFO SESSION
Learn more about the competition and how to refine your pitch and to make your pitch more compelling to the independent judges.
July 26, August 21, September 18 (need only attend one of the three dates)
5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Attend MOCK PITCH
Present your 90-second pitch to determine who moves to the next round.
5:00pm - 7:30pm
- Attend PERFECT YOUR PITCH TRAINING
October 24 – 9:00am - 4:00pm
October 25 – 9:00am - 4:00pm
October 26 – 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Attend QUALIFYING PITCH EVENT
1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Pitch at BACD PiTCH2WiN Finale event
November 14, 2018
6:00pm - 9:00pm
Thank you to our In-Kind Sponsors
BACD reserves the right to disqualify any participant that, in its sole judgement violates the spirit of the competition and its guidelines, process and rules. BACD and its Judges decisions are final. BACD reserves the right to suspend, delay, modify or cancel these terms and conditions for any reasonable applicable law.