A welcome email series is a series of welcome emails that you set up to automatically send people after they sign up to be a subscriber. Your new subscriber is most excited as soon as they sign up which makes a welcome email series the best time to introduce yourself and your business, how you can help and hopefully make a sale!
These emails give your brand a chance to make a good first impression, shows your subscribers your brand values, mission, products, services and the message you are conveying. It sets the tone for your relationsihp with your customer and whether they will engage with your content.
According to Experian, welcome emails have an 86% higher open rate – so if you are not sending a welcome email – we are missing an opportunity to connect with our new subscribers.
Here are some ideas to structure your welcome emails to delight your customers
- Thank your new subscriber – the most effective way to add personality to your email, shows appreciation for your subscribers and builds brand loyalty. Include your new subscribers first name in your welcome email.
- Let them know what to expect – when your new subscriber hears from you for the first time, tell them what they are going to get from you. This sets the stage for your relationship and gives them an idea of what’s next.
- Ask them what their challenges are – allows you to segment and deliver the right value
- Share your unique value – use this opportunity to share the benefits of being connected to you
- Include a call to action – every communication is an opportunity to direct your subscriber.