This Program provides virtual business coaching, mentoring, and support to help those who identify as women to start and grow a new business in the Durham Region. This program is part of the Government of Canada’s Women Entrepreneurship Strategy
There is no financial commitment (it’s free) to join!
The Program provides:
- Access to a community of female entrepreneurs igniting their passions
- Virtual and in-person business planning, mentorship, and seminars/webinars
- Virtual collaboration among all program members (across Eastern Ontario)
- Online resources to assist you in starting, maintaining and growing a successful business
- Participants may be eligible for a $2,000 start-up micro-loan (there may be additional requirements to meet from Pathwise Credit Union
How the Program works:
- Complete application
- Meet with Program Provider to confirm eligibility
- The program is designed to run over a *3 month period unique to each participant. Your 3 months start the day you meet with the Program Provider to confirm your eligibility for the program.
- Register and attend a minimum of 4 Peer to Peer Mentor sessions
- Join the private WEP FaceBook page
*In your 3 month period, it is expected that you will complete 10 hours of business development training (delivered via online webinars and virtual workshops) and 4 hours of mentorship, and that upon completion you will have a completed business plan and 2 year cash flow.
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator Patrice Esper at email@example.com or phone: (905) 668-4949 EXT: 227