In order to ensure the health and safety of our community, businesses, staff and stakeholders, we have made the decision to temporarily close the BACD office and move our advisory meetings and events/workshops to virtual platforms as of Monday March 16th, 2020 until April 5th, 2020 at this time.
If you would like to book a meeting please phone 905.668.4949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can register for events at our events calendar: https://bacd.ca/events/
We are monitoring the situation carefully and considering the potential impact on our clients and business community. Our mitigation efforts have focused on three key areas:
- ensuring the health and safety of our staff, clients and business community at large;
- adapting to virtual meetings and, if needed postponing events, or running virtual workshops;
- ensuring our clients are armed with the most up to date information to prepare for and manage through COVID-19.
We ask you to continue to support your local businesses as best you can. Share their social posts, buy from them and do what you can to support them. They are going to need our support.
Please connect with us if we can help you manage, create plans and continue business during this time.
There is an excellent resource from the Canadian Chamber of Commerce
We ask you to review these questions for your own and others’ safety.
- Have you recently travelled overseas or are you intending to do so in the next 30 days?
- Within the past 14 days, have you had close personal contact with anyone suspected or confirmed to have Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
- Have you travelled or stopped over to any of these countries in the last 14 days? China, USA, Hong Kong, Iran, Italy, Singapore, South Korea, France, Germany, Spain
- Is it less than 15 days since you had close personal contact with anyone who has travelled from China, USA, Hong Kong, Iran, Italy, Singapore, South Korea, France, Germany, Spain
- Do you have a Fever and any of these symptoms: Cough, sore throat, nausea, vomiting or difficulty breathing
If you answered YES to any of the above, we kindly ask that you do not come to BACD’s offices. Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or your local public health unit if you experience symptoms of the coronavirus.
All of our events and advisory meetings are being conducted virtually until April 5, 2020.
Checklists & Resources:
Information from the Region of Durham related to COVID-19 can be found here: www.durham.ca/
Centre for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/pdf/businesschecklist.pdf
Ontario’s Workplace Safety and Prevention Services:
Deloitte has numerous tools on their web site:
Fasken has uploaded information for employers and employees:
World Health Organization planning document: